User group allow you to fine tune the security and administration of your site. A user group defines a group of users that have certain privileges/access as defined in user permissions.
By default, your site comes with two default user group:
- Anonymous user: Users that don't have a user account.
- Registered user: All logged in users belongs to this group.
Note: Each user can belongs to more than one group.
Topics for user group and permission:
Create an user group
- Go to MANAGE YOUR STORE (DASHBOARD), then CUSTOMERS, and lastly CUSTOMER.
- From CUSTOMER, go to USER GROUP
- From here, you can add a new user group.
- Enter the required name.
- Click ADD USER GROUP
- Click EDIT GROUP to change the group name or delete the group.
- Click EDIT PERMISSIONS to change the group access permission, especially access to the system dashboard for operation.
Add a user/customer to designated user group
- From the customer listing, click
EDITicon to edit the customer profile.
- Check the required User Group
- Click SAVE
- Go to MANAGE YOUR STORE (DASHBOARD), then CUSTOMERS, and lastly CUSTOMER..
- From CUSTOMER, go to PERMISSIONS.
- From here, you can manage all the user group permissions.
- From here, you check/uncheck the module to allow/disallow a user to access to the particular module.
SITE ADMIN will have access to all modules.
Please check ACCESS ADMIN PAGE, if you would like to allow a user to access the dashboard.