User group allow you to fine tune the security and administration of your site. A user group defines a group of users that have certain privileges/access as defined in user permissions. Each user can belongs to more than one group.
By default, your site comes with two default user group:
- Anonymous user: Users that don't have a user account.
- Registered user: All logged in users belongs to this group.
- Site admin: User with permission to ALL modules enabled.
Topics for user group and permission:
Create an user group
- Go to Manage Your Store (Dashboard) > Customers > User Group
- From here, you can add a new user group.
- Key in the name you preferred, and click Add User Group.
- Click Edit Group to change the group name or delete the group.
- Click Edit Permissions to change the group access permission, especially access to the system dashboard for operation.
- Go to Manage Your Store (Dashboard) > Customers > Permissions
- From here, you can manage all the user group permissions.
- From here, you check/uncheck the module to allow/disallow a user to access to the particular module.
Site admin will have access to all modules.
Please check ACCESS ADMIN PAGE, if you would like to allow a user to access the dashboard.
Add a user/customer to designated user group
- Go to Manage Your Store (Dashboard) > Customers
- Locate the user using the filter.
- From the customer listing, click Edit to edit the customer profile.
- Check the required User Group
- Click Save