You may refer to this guide to create and manage the access permission for your SEO consultant.
Topics for user group and permission:
- Create an user group: SEO
- User group permission setting
- Add a user/customer to designated user group
Create an user group: SEO
- Go to Manage Your Store (Dashboard) > Customers > User Group
- From here, you can add a new user group.
- Key in the name SEO, and click Add User Group.
- Click Edit Group to change the group name or delete the group.
- Click Edit Permissions to change the group access permission, especially access to the system dashboard for operation.
- Go to Manage Your Store (Dashboard) > Customers > Permissions
- Click Edit Permissions to change of the SEO user group you created.
- You check the modules to allow a user to access:
- Access Admin Pages: to allow to access to dashboard
- Manage Meta Tags: to allow to access to all SEO and tracking modules, such as Meta Tag, URL Redirection, Robots.txt
- Manage Products / Manage Banners / Manage Blog / Manage FAQ / Manage Lookbook / Manage Messagebar / Manage Page: If you allow SEO consultant to manage the content for you.
- Manage Products / Manage Category: Will allow SEO consultant to manage SEO meta tag at product level.
Add a user/customer to designated user group
- Go to Manage Your Store (Dashboard) > Customers
- Locate the user using the filter.
- From the customer listing, click Edit to edit the customer profile.
- Check the User Group = SEO
- Click Save
Please always test login with a dummy user account with the SEO permission, to ensure you are given the right permission for the SEO consultant.